Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A Burden For Souls!!!

I have a burden for these girls i work with, none of which attend church. Well two of them are coming friday night and im so excited!!! I wrote a couple pages of things that have been on my mind since Wednesday. God has spoken to our church, he said "a healthy mother gives birth to a healthy child," to us that would be, a healthy church gives birth to healthy, born again souls. those that come in and sell themselves out for God, souls that wont give up or leave when a situation rises against them, and souls that will be determined to win others to God!!!! We have a responsibility, that is to live for God and let him use us to reach the lost! We dont have time to wait for people to come to us, we must go to the city!!! Young people i know that at school its hard but i promise you that if you just hang on a little while longer, God will provide. Ive been there, but the little things that someone says or starts is worth absolutely nothing and in the long run means nothing. Dont worry about what people say or think of you, worry about what God thinks of you. We are children of the Almighty God, hes on our side. If God before us, my only question is, Who can be against us???????

8 comments:

Christina said...

This is great! You just keep being a light to those around you and reaching out to them with everything you've got and it will pay off. Leslie is a prime example. Just keep praying and reaching.

Jessica said...

Thanx Christina ill see you tonight

Friggy said...

So, tell me again... Who's supposed to be the preacher, you or your future husband???? lol! Great blog btw! Now see to it that the rest list stays at rest! We don't need any more on there!

Anonymous said...

i like ur blog jess...I do 2 have a burden to see souls saved and there's nothing like winning ur first soul, it just makes u want to win the whole world. I am proud of u and can't wait to see what happens with keri and u just keep lettin ur light shine and let God use u. I'll talk to u later...i mean we talk every day lol and i will have one set up so u can start writin me. Just keep it updated or the the blog patrol (Sis Elms) will get u lol

Anonymous said...

that wuz kyle that wrote that lol

Jessica said...

Well Staci im not sure, if i marry a preacher i guess ill have to take over his job LOl!!!! Jk....its just ever since Leslie started coming to church, its like God slapped me right in the face and said Hey! get it together. So the resukt of that slap in the face is me being motivated in a way that i cant even control!!! god is definitely pushing me, and raising the "challenge" bar. I dont know what the rest of you are feeling but my cup has been filled to its capacity!!!!

preacherman23 said...

Well if you do have a burden for souls than u better get down on your knees and ask God to place lost souls on your heart. I remember winning my first soul there is nothin like it...It makes you want to win the world. It's more than preaching 2 me its about making friendships and then encouraging them that there is a God who cares for them and He can do anything. Revival is here and inside our church and if everyone won just one soul we would need a bigger church n i can't wait for that 2 happen

Kyle

Anonymous said...

Hey!! I thought I'd comment on this one cause I liked it the most. I know we have different beliefs and I've probably said this before but i really respect and admire your strength and commitment to your religion and life really. And yes I'm looking foreward to friday :) oh and some of the girls at work go to church and think it's just myself and S. that don't, just thought I'd clear that up LoL Well next time I comment I swear it'll be better I guess I didn't have much to say cause I'm talkin to you right now. Talk to ya later
oh, what's a rest list??
-Keri-